Friday, July 27, 2012

The Goldilocks moment

I'm probably not alone when I say I can probably spend hours searching for the perfect image to use for a carve.  When I have a specific subject in mind, it can take forever to find a good image... Not too simple, not too complicated, not too small, not too big, not too flat, not too shaded... It has to be juuuuuuust right. Rarely do I have this Goldilocks moment; often, I give up and use something that is not right.

As well, because it takes so long to find the perfect image, I would rather browse and randomly find an image of a random subject and be inspired to make a box with it rather than to have something specific in mind.

In preparation for BoxON, I've been searching for the perfect image for Easter Island. I had a hand-drawn image of the moai statues that was okay, but I wasn't happy with it and didn't want to have to carve it, so I had been on this never-ending hunt for an appropriate image.  Nothing was working.  Hours have been spent in the depths of Google Images looking for something right, dispairing that such an image did not exist.  Then today, I had the Goldilocks moment.  I found the perfect image.  I'm so happy, I'll probably have it carved within an hour.  No, you can't see it now - come to BoxON!, it'll be there ;)

I wish you all many Goldilocks moments!  Happy trails!

1 comment:

  1. Good term...the Goldilocks moment....I'll have to remember that. :)

    ReplyDelete