Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Where it all started...

Probably like 99.99% of Ontarians, until July 20th of this year, I had no idea what letterboxing was.  And if I hadn't been reading the paper at lunch that day, I still wouldn't.  But as I already have a love for carving, I'm very lucky to have seen the article.  Within 48 hours, I had carved my first signature stamp and had found my first letterbox.  It's only been a few months, but I'm already pretty addicted.

My favourite box so far has been The Secret Garden by Fiddleheads in Guelph.  Without getting too spoilerish, I loved the clue, loved the location, and the stamp was yet another great carve by Fiddleheads.

I don't have any least favourite boxes - every box has been worth the find.  I'm still trying to figure out In the Great Green Room by Fish Below the Ice in Markham.  I've been back to the location - thrice - once with book in hand - can can't figure it out for the life of me. I'm missing something and I'm hoping that one day it will just *click*.  I am THIS close to kidnapping a random child off of the street to help me... I kid.

My problem right now is that I'm coming up with ideas and carving faster than I can create boxes/logbooks and go out and plant... I'm pretty sure I actually like planting better than finding (although I suppose this also largely depends on when you ask me - as cold as it is right now, I'm not really in the mood of hunting down boxes).  Lots of ideas for plantings, no time to plant.  Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment