Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fool's - Google Maps

I have full intentions of recounting my journey through Kitchener last Friday, and my hope is that I can churn out that post later today.  But I couldn't not do a quick post about what is over at Google Maps right now:

The Greater Toronto Area

Look at that cute CN Tower...

Toronto and its islands

The Greater Golden Horseshoe - look at the cute icon for Niagara Falls

North America - I love that the northwest passage is marked

Ship sinking to the right and love the large compass rose to the left

Fantastic treasure maps ahoy!




I am truly hopeful that Google will make these maps an option to set in the future.  Had I known that this was going to be available, I would have tried to make sure I had some boxes in mind to take screen-caps for clues.  As it is, I'm probably going to be screencapping all night long, just in case.

Hope you're all enjoying the long weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment